There are a number of fantastic benefits on offer to NHS employees. Make sure you take full advantage of joining the Royal Surrey Family and the NHS.
Vivup offers a range of staff benefits, including discounts from a wide range of major retailers, cycle to work scheme and health and wellbeing information and links. To make the most of the staff benefits and services offered by Vivup you will need to register on their website. Register at: https://www.vivup.co.uk/users/sign_up.
To do this you will need to select the Royal Surrey as your organisation, give your name and email address (personal or work) and create a password. Once you have confirmed your account you are registered and can access our custom made Royal Surrey County Hospital Trust web content.
Vivup also offers a 24/7 telephone support service (03303 800 658) for any member of staff needing help and support, such as difficult life situations, physical illness and problems at work or in a relationship. The Vivup Employee Assistance Provision offers you:
The NHS Pension Scheme continues to be one of the most generous and comprehensive pension arrangements in the UK and is a key part of the reward offer for NHS staff. An NHS pension includes life assurance benefits, voluntary early retirement benefits, ill health benefits and a range of other benefits. The employee contribution rate for most members of the pension scheme is 6% of pensionable pay, which is supplemented by 14% of pensionable pay by the employer. Overall benefits are worth over 20% of pay. You could also make Additional Voluntary Contributions to boost your benefits.
Information and advice is available at https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-pensions
NHS employees are entitled to up to 27 days a year annual leave plus eight public and general holidays. After five years, this rises to 29 days a year and after ten years service, staff get up to 33 days holiday a year plus eight general and public holidays (pro rata for part time staff).
We operate a generous scheme that allows time off for each of the above, including a 'Keep in Touch' scheme, a maternity/paternity pack and assistance in finding childcare and applying for tax credits. Maternity/parternity returnees are also encouraged to consider applying for flexible working if appropriate.
This is a privately run, on-site (across the road from the main hospital building) day care nursery offering up to 77 places to children up to the age of five years. Trust employees have a preferential pricing structure and are also given priority over other workers. The nursery is open Monday to Friday from 7am - 7pm and 30 hours funding is available. For further information contact the nursery manager on 01483 538 764. A list of playschemes offering discount is available from Jacqui at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a government scheme open to working parents with children under 12. For every £8 you pay into a Childcare account, the government will pay £2. The money will then be paid directly from this account to your childcare provider. For more information please see https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/.
We understand you have a life outside work, maybe a family to care for or an elderly relative. We realise the importance of striking a work life balance and actively seek, wherever possible, to offer hours and patterns of work that suit your personal circumstances.
This service is run by Team Prevent who provide:
Team Prevent have a wellbeing website as follows: https://www.teampreventwellbeing.co.uk/. This is focused on supporting employee health and wellbeing and will enable you to learn more about the role and function of this service and how it can help to protect your health at work. Contact details: email@example.com T: 01327 810 776
Situated in Gill Avenue, the Guildford Hospitals Sports and Social Club is a member’s only club. For £3 per month, facilities include: a vip lounge, vip snug, big screen tv, pool table, quiz machine and various events throughout the year with promotions. For further information on the Sports and Social Club, please contact: John Armstrong (Bar Manager) Ext 4038.
A fully equipped gym is also available for staff use within the Hospital. Facilities provided include lockers, separate male and female changing rooms with showers, a sound system and TV to help keep you motivated and personal trainer details are also available upon request. Please contact the Physiotherapy Department on ext. 2072 or 4153 for more information.
Visit the following websites to ensure you are taking advantage of the latest discounts (including restaurants, holidays, family days out, gym membership etc.) for NHS staff:
www.redguava.co.uk (username: RSCH – Password: PASSWORD)